Jeremy Thake and Paul Schaeflein speak to Darrel Miller, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft, about the Microsoft Graph SDK. Darrel sits on the Linux Foundation for Open API (formerly Swagger) and has been involved in products such as Azure API Management. He talks about how he got so passionate about HTTP APIs and what led him towards RESTful APIs and much more!
Jeremy Thake talks to Juan Balmori Labra and Keyur Patel about Office add-ins. They talk about the journey it has been on for the last few years. At Ignite 2018 they announced hundreds of new APIs for office.js. They both discuss some of the cool scenarios they are seeing partners and enterprise developers build out.
- Custom Function (Dev Preview) Docs: https://aka.ms/customfunctions
- Try them out in ScriptLab: https://aka.ms/trycustomfunctions
- Excel API Open Spec: https://aka.ms/ExcelApiOpenSpec
- Report Issues for Office JS (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook) https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues
- Office Development http://dev.microsoft.com
- Stack overflow tag: [office-js]
- UserVoice Channel: https://officespdev.uservoice.com/
- Keyur on Twitter @keyurp32
- Juan on Twitter @juaneloBalmori
Jeremy Thake talks to Nick Kramer about Microsoft Teams on Microsoft Graph. Nick covers off all the key features added to Microsoft Graph announced at Ignite 2018 two weeks ago. He also talks about when it will move from beta to v1.0.
- Microsoft Teams on Microsoft Graph docs
- Contoso Airlines sample
- Microsoft Teams Dev Center
- Ignite sessions on-demand on Teams
- Microsoft Graph Community call Oct
- Microsoft Graph @ Ignite 2018
- Microsoft Graph on demand sessions from Ignite 2018
Jeremy thake and Paul Schaeflein had the opportunity to speak to Yina Arenas and Mark Stafford about the Microsoft Graph. Yina and Mark have been PMs on this from its inception and explain the history of the journey, share their favorite features and the future of Microsoft Graph.
This week Jeremy Thake talks to Sarah Fender and Jason Wescott from the Azure Security at Microsoft. They explain why the Security services were needed not only for Microsoft internally but also for so many Microsoft 365 customers around the World. Sarah explained the scenarios where the security services can be used by enterprise developers and ISVS. Jason explains the challenges that came up during the beta period before it was made generally available. This is a great show for developers and program managers alike to understand how to build a service at scale.
Sean Squires has been working on the SharePoint product for several releases, as well as working with Microsoft IT on deploying SharePoint Online. Sean took time out of his pre-Ignite busy day to talk with Paul and Jeremy about the reasons for Site Scripts and a bit of the technology that powers them. Plus a little teaser about his upcoming Ignite session.
- SharePoint Site Scripts and Site Designs
- BRK3090 - Customizing Modern SharePoint Sites: Branding, Site Scripts and Site Designs
- NYC Open Hack
- Unleash productivity with these Microsoft Teams breakout sessions at Microsoft Ignite
- SharePoint development platform @ Ignite 2018
- Introducing Azure DevOps
- Connected arms: A closer look at the winning idea from Imagine Cup 2018
- Office app awards peoples choice voting is now open
Wictor Wilen chats with Jeremy and Paul about the modern workplace and what that means for developers, the Microsoft Teams application generator and Node-based development in Office 365
- Behind the Tech with Kevin Scott - Anders Hejlsberg
- Yeoman Generator for Microsoft Teams
- THR2147 - Automate the creation of teams and channels in Microsoft Teams
- Announcing the release of SharePoint Framework v1.6!
- SharePoint Dev Weekly
- Microsoft Graph September Community Call
Jeremy and Paul interview Microsoft RD & MVP Eric Overfield about best practices when building solutions using the SharePoint Framework (SPFx). Eric also discusses the SharePoint Patterns and Practices team and the content they produce.
- SharePoint Dev Docs
- SPFx Web Parts on Github
- SPFx Extensions on Github
- SPFx Solutions on Github
- SPFX Starter kit on Github
- Waldek Mastykarz
- Mikael Svenson
- Elio Struyf
- MSAL v2 released https://github.com/AzureAD/microsoft-authentication-library-for-dotnet/wiki/msal-net-2-released
- Site Scripts & Site Designs – Summer 2018 Update
Jeremy Thake speaks to Julie Turner at SharePoint Fest about how to future proof your SharePoint development. She walks throught the journey from being at a customer using SharePoint 2010 and getting them using React.js, TypeScript and Node.js.
- Julie Turner blog http://julieturner.net
- Julie Turner twitter jfj1997
- Conquer your Dev Toolchain (tools setup for this talk)
- Building Headers and Footers that work on Classic and Modern Sites
Wes Hackett talks to Jeremy Thake and Paul Schaeflein about how the Addin365 team bulid apps against the Microsoft Graph. Wes goes into detail about how he balances the v1.0 endpoint and the beta endpoint with his customers expectations. He talks about mechanisms they've put in place for continuous integration and how they work as a team. He discusses why he thinks the Microsoft Graph is such a key strategy for any ISV in the Microsoft ecosystem.