This week, Paul Schaeflein talks to Eric Shupps about enterprise development in Microsoft 365.
Jeremy Thake talks to Brian Jacket on the 30 days of Microsoft Graph blog series. He talks about the dotnet core sample and the challenges he faced spinning up the cross Microsoft and external collaboration!
This week Jeremy Thake talks to Luca Bandinelli (Principal Program Manager) and Pat Miller (Principal Engineering Manager) about the SharePoint Framework. They go into detail about its history and how the extensibility story evolved over time from Farm Solutions, through Sandbox Solutions, add-in model and SPFx. They cover off the reasons why they have released the Isolated Web Parts and the scenarios it is fit best for.
Jeremy Thake talks to Anthony Leibovitz and Lei Xu who are responsible for the beta Notifications service on Microsoft Graph. They talk about the scenario, how it came about and what the sweet spot is right now this can be used by Microsoft Graph developers.
- Graph Notifications Feedback GraphNotificationsFeedback@service.microsoft.com
- Twitter Handle: @leixu2046
- Microsoft Graph Notifications - Leverage Microsoft Graph Notifications to drive increased user engagement and productivity with your apps!
- Project Rome - Learn more about Project Rome and the platform-independent, people-centric capabilities it provides!
- Microsoft Graph Explorer - The hub for all things Microsoft Graph! You can try out the different Graph offerings here using demo data or data for your own accounts!
- Ignite session that is more enterprise customer oriented: Data-driven and user-centric: Improving enterprise productivity and engagement through Graph powered notifications
- //Build session that is more general to consumer and enterprise: Data-Driven and User-Centric: Improving enterprise productivity and engagement through graph powered notifications
- Microsoft Graph and Microsoft Teams
- Isolated Web Parts in SPFx
- JWT expiration as a date time string
- Microsoft Graph with PostMan tricks and tips
Paul and Jeremy catch up this week to talk about the Microsoft Office 365 Bootcamps, the UserVoice process for the Microsoft Graph team and bunch of other hair brained ideas!
Jeremy Thake talks to Abram Jackson, Principal Program Manager at Microsoft, about Microsoft Graph data connect. Data connect opens up all sorts of scenarios across Microsoft 365 user data. They talk about the differences in this access pattern vs Microsoft Graph API. The common scenarios that come up and how this all come about.
- Microsoft Graph data connect documentation
- Microsoft Graph data connect tutorial
- Getting started with Microsoft Intelligence Platform – BRK3289 (Microsoft Graph data connect session) – Rishi Girish and Abram Jackson
- Developing insight applications with Office 365 data and Microsoft Azure (Deep dive on Microsoft Graph data connect) – THR3142 – Tyler Lenig
- Abram Jackson on Twitter
Jeremy Thake and Paul Schaeflein speak to Darrel Miller, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft, about the Microsoft Graph SDK. Darrel sits on the Linux Foundation for Open API (formerly Swagger) and has been involved in products such as Azure API Management. He talks about how he got so passionate about HTTP APIs and what led him towards RESTful APIs and much more!
Jeremy Thake talks to Juan Balmori Labra and Keyur Patel about Office add-ins. They talk about the journey it has been on for the last few years. At Ignite 2018 they announced hundreds of new APIs for office.js. They both discuss some of the cool scenarios they are seeing partners and enterprise developers build out.
- Custom Function (Dev Preview) Docs: https://aka.ms/customfunctions
- Try them out in ScriptLab: https://aka.ms/trycustomfunctions
- Excel API Open Spec: https://aka.ms/ExcelApiOpenSpec
- Report Issues for Office JS (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook) https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues
- Office Development http://dev.microsoft.com
- Stack overflow tag: [office-js]
- UserVoice Channel: https://officespdev.uservoice.com/
- Keyur on Twitter @keyurp32
- Juan on Twitter @juaneloBalmori
Jeremy Thake talks to Nick Kramer about Microsoft Teams on Microsoft Graph. Nick covers off all the key features added to Microsoft Graph announced at Ignite 2018 two weeks ago. He also talks about when it will move from beta to v1.0.
- Microsoft Teams on Microsoft Graph docs
- Contoso Airlines sample
- Microsoft Teams Dev Center
- Ignite sessions on-demand on Teams
- Microsoft Graph Community call Oct
- Microsoft Graph @ Ignite 2018
- Microsoft Graph on demand sessions from Ignite 2018
Jeremy thake and Paul Schaeflein had the opportunity to speak to Yina Arenas and Mark Stafford about the Microsoft Graph. Yina and Mark have been PMs on this from its inception and explain the history of the journey, share their favorite features and the future of Microsoft Graph.